A practucal makeup product I could not live without is 100% concealer. If I was only aloud to wear one item of makeup for the rest of my life I would have to pick concealers. Even though I would say lipsticks are my favourite makeup product, concealer is the practical choice. I wear concealer most days. In college I always try and rock the naturally look and try and not wear too many products. I’m not sure if thats because I went to an all girls school, so for 6 years I never wore makeup Monday to Friday so when I started college I found it very weird to do my makeup every morning and in all honesty I just like my sleep too much! So I tend to just wear concealer, mascara and I fill in my eye brows. When it comes to concealers I definitely have favourites! The following concealers all are ones I have in my collection, some I love, some I like and others I wish I didn’t buy!
Starting with my favourites:
Mac Pro Longwear concealer | NC15
I really love this concealer, its probably the perfect all rounder concealer, It covers blemishes really well its a nice consistency for under the eyes and it also has good coverage. Something I really like about this concealer is it blends out really nicely and it never creases on me, which is something that happened a lot for me.
Rimmel Wake Me Up | Ivory
This is this first ever concealer I bought where I put in on and I was like yes this is amazing! I love how creamy the formula is, it makes it perfect for under eye concealing. I tend to not be the best sleeper so my under eye circles can get bad, but this covers them up really well leaving me looking more awake than I am!
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer | Ivory
This is my favourite for covering up spots, its just honestly one of the best concealers for it, the formula is very thick but its also really creamy so it isn’t drying on the skin, it really bothers me when a concealer is designed for spots but it is very drying. Most of my spots are already dehydrates so putting a drying formula on it to cover it up just emphasises the spot which is the opposite to what I’m looking for! I have two of the Bobbi Brown Creamy concealers, a single pot one and the a duo one with a pale yellow powder to set the concealer.
Next, concealers I like but tend not to use too often:
Maybelline The Eraser Eye | Light
I really like this concealer, I love the packaging I think its perfect to just throw in you bag and have it for on the go. I really like the formula, I think it covers under eye circles really well. The only reason its not in my favourites is because of the shade. In the collection there is only two shades light and nude, I have light but its just way too dark for my skin tone, and its such a shame because it means I can only wear it if I’m wearing tan, which rarely happens but when I do I’ll use this.
Kiko Natural concealer
I bought this concealer awhile ago when I was in Berlin and I repurchased it when I went to London last August and although I really liked it at the time when I began to try other concealers I just left it to one side. It does have really good coverage and the consistency is nice and creamy but I remember one of the main reasons I wasn’t so keen on it was because it really didn’t have great staying power.
Finally Concealers I regret buying:
Mac Studio Fix Concealer | NC15
For me this concleaer is the complete opposite to the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer, its really thick in consistency and the coverage is good but it just goes on cakey and its really hard to blend out. Its also really drying on the skin so I just can’t use it on any spots and its far too thick for concealing under the eyes.
Maybelline Fit Me! | Light
This is pretty much the same situation as the eraser eye, the only reason I’m not mad on this concealer is the colour. I don’t know if its just Maybelline don’t do colours light enough but I picked up the lightest colour and its way too dark for me, I’ve given it a try one or two times but honestly I just have no use for it. I remember swatching it in store thinking it was a good colour match but once I actually put it on in good lighting I could see it really wasn't, so I really have no use for it.
Benefit Eraser Paste | No.2
I really like the idea behind this concealer and I really want to like it but it just doesn’t work for my skin. I love the salmon colour to counteract dark circles but the formula is really thick and not very hydrating so it ends up creasing under my eyes. I also find the formula doesn’t sit well on my skin and its almost tacky to the touch but if i set it with a powder its fine, but then it just makes my under eye area more dry and it creases even more so I just really can't get a good use out of it.
Do you have a favourite concealer, or one you bought but regretted ?
Do you have a favourite concealer, or one you bought but regretted ?


My current concealers are the Maybelline for under eyes (not too thrilled with it, but I still use it everyday) and the Benefit Erase Paste. I love the Erase Paste for my acne marks, but agree that it's not so great for underneath the eyes, as it does tend to crease. I do want to try the Rimmel Wake Me Up as I see rave reviews about it, but have yet to see it in a store around me. I'm in the US, so maybe it's just not around me? Thanks for the list :)
ReplyDeleteiamkelskels.blogspot.com