Wednesday, 18 March 2015

High End Vs Drugstore | Benefit Gimme Brow Vs Maybelline Brow Drama


Not too long ago I did the first post in the High End Vs Drugstore series and it went down really well and if you haven't seen it you can read it here, but I'm finally getting around to doing the second post in the series and it has a similar vibe as its about brow products but I hope you enjoy the read and let me know what you think in the comments!



Benefit Gimme Brow
When I first tried this product it was at the Benefit counter in boots and straight away I was in love, it made my brows look amazing and with little effort, so I made the plunge and purchased it for €24.50 which in hindsight is really expensive for a brow gel but I did really like it. Fast forward a few months and I now have mixed feeling about it. When I first bought it I just had my eyebrows threaded and I loved the shape of them so they didn't need to be filled in or messed around with with different brow products they just needed to be darkened and gimme brow was the perfect product for the job. As my eye brows began to grow out again and slightly loose shape it became harder to use gimme brow because it really isn’t a good brow product for defining a solid brow shape. The formula has fibers in it that adds thickness to the brow which is something I really liked about it as I am partial to a thick brow, and the shape of the brush allows you to focus the product in small areas so you can lightly define the shape of the brows. A problem I did have with gimme brow was that after about 2 months the formula had completely dried out and it was like I was applying nothing to my brows. This really bothered me because the price I paid for it and the fact that it didn’t last very long. I was surprised it dried out as fast as it did because I didn’t use it on top of any powders I only ever used it by itself. 

Maybelline Brow Drama
I bought this hoping it would be a cheaper alternative to gimme brow but sadly I was so wrong. The formula was really weird, it had almost no pigment, its like it didn’t take to the hairs on my brows, nothing came out and it just left my hairs with a crispy residue. You couldn’t even tell I had applied anything to my brows, the only giveaway would be that the hairs were left feeling crispy and there  would be a faint brown colour around my brows, this happened because of the shape of the brush. I really didn’t like the shape of the brush, the circled end just makes no sense to me, its bigger than half my eye brow and when I applied it, it would just coat around my eyebrows with a faint brow pigment, leaving my eyebrows looking so weird and just bushy.

Overall
I would have to pick the Benefit Gimme Brow over the Maybelline Brow Drama. The main reasons being the formula of gimme brow is really good, especially if its in the first few months and when the brows are in good shape, it just leaves you with perfect looking brows. The brush is a much better brush in comparison to the brow drama brush. The only down fall to the gimme brow would be the price and the length you get out of the product but I have to say I am always tempted to repurchase this product as it just leaves you with effortless on point brows! Although Maybelline Brow Drama is so much cheaper at only €7.49 I honestly couldn’t recommended it as a good brow product just from my experience and that is probably why I think high end wins in this edition of High End Vs Drugstore.

Have you tried any of these products?  Do you agree or disagree with what I’ve said ? 
Also let me know if you’d like to see more of this High End Vs Drugstore series.


SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it wasn't just me who didn't like Brow Drama! It did absolutely nothing for my brows except from make them look super crispy which was disgusting. I loved this post, I'd love to see more in the series! :) xx
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, but I've seen that quite a few beauty bloggers like it! Thank you :) xx

      Delete

© Life with Lizzy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig