When I first heard of Wet n’ Wild its was their eye shadow palette that everyone raved about. I did pick these two pallets up awhile ago but I got them around the time of my birthday and for my birthday I got the original Naked palette and the Smashbox exposed palette so these two palettes didn’t get a look in until I did a bit of a makeup clear out a few months ago and rediscovered them. The two palettes are the Petal Pusher and the Comfort Zone. I went for the Petal Pusher pallet because I have very few or none actually purple eyeshadows so I said I would pick this one up and give the purple look a try! I also picked up the Comfort Zone palette because it just looked so pretty, it has the colours I always go for, not so much green but all the other colours are ones I love. But like the purples I was happy the greens are in their too to give them a try.
Sorry for the unnecessary background and rambling now what I actually thought of the palettes! Straight off the back I didn’t like them, I’m not sure if it was because I read a few reviews and it was all positive so there was a bit of a high expectation there and they just didn’t live up to that but I was really let down by these palettes. I feel like if Michelle was just to read the next little bit she’d either laugh or hit me because one thing that really bothered me was that there were no matte eye shaodows. I’m a huge fan of matte eyeshadows, it is all I really wear, I don’t get how people say they are afraid of mattes, I think they are so much easier to work with and in fact shimmer and glitters scare me more, a lot more can go wrong with them. But as a palette how can you not have any mattes, there is maybe one colour in petal pusher that could pass for a matte although it still has a slight shimmer to it.
Petal Pusher
I actually like nothing about this pallet, I know that may be harsh but I honestly didn’t. The colour payoff was TERRIBLE, the colours looked so pretty in the pan but when transferred onto my eyelids via brush there was just had no colour payoff, even though it would come out pigmented in swatches but even applied with my finger it just wouldn’t transfer at all. It was a really big let down, whats the point of having an eyeshadow pallet if none of the colours actually come out. I know a big thing people were saying was that they were very creamy and buttery but I just found the eye shadows to be chalky.
Comfort Zone
Its the same for this pallet the colour pay off was zero, however two colours did manage to come out quite well. On the left and second down (the Eyelid colour) actually came out nicely and is quite similar to Mac’s Expensive Pink but it has a slightly more of a bronze undertone but it is a really pretty colour and probably my favourite colour out of both of these palettes. The second colour I liked was on the right and the last one down (the Definer colour) which could also be used as a dupe for Mac Club. It is dual chrome and can look either brown or more green, its a really lovely colour and it can be fun to play around with, with different makeup looks but other than them two expectations the other 6 were the same as above.
Overall I was hugely let down by these palette, the colour pay off was just shocking, it was non-existent, out of 16 different shades I only liked 2 and would wear 2. But even at that I probably wouldn’t because I have both Expensive pink and Club from Mac so I really have no use for them. I do think its good that they were very reasonably priced and I did like that they were labeled Browbone, Eyelid, Crease and Definer, I think this is a brilliant idea for anyone who’s picking these up and is new to makeup to give them a few guidelines, but again I think its useless if all four shades are shimmer, I just don’t see how that can work and look nice together.
Have you tried these palettes ? If so do you agree or disagree?


Love the look of these palettes, such lovely shades! x
ReplyDeleterosyannajane.blogspot.com // bloglovin.com/annatranter