Monday, 12 January 2015

Review | Clinique 3 Step Skincare System


(L-R) liquid facial soap extra mild, clarifying lotion, dramatically different moisturising lotion + 
(all very dry to dry)

I would definitely claim to be a skincare addict, I love taking good care of my skin its something I’ve been doing since I was in my early teens, but I was really eager to try the Clinique 3 step skincare system. I did receive a sample of the moisturiser pervious to buying the other products and I loved it so I decided to buy the whole system. One of the reason I did decide to buy them was that they had products catered to dry and sensitive skin so straight away I was sold and excited to use them but sadly I was very disappointed and heres why!

Firstly it was put across to me to be a complete skincare system that took care of everything and I found out later that the Liquid Soap (the first step) doesn’t remove makeup, which to me was a bit of a let down. Thankfully I found this out before I got a chance to use the products, but I would have thought that the liquid soap would have been similar to one of my favourite skincare products the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Wash and it would have removed makeup but it didn’t, so the now 3 step routine turned into 4 steps which wasn't major just a bit of a pain.

The next reason why I was disappointed is probably the main reason. The products were aimed for dry and sensitive skin but after using the products for about two/three weeks my skin actually became dryer than normal and I got consistent break outs for the three weeks, which is something that never happens to me whenever I used new products. Although the products were meant to be for sensitive skin the toner had a really overpowering chemical smell, almost like a nail polish remover. This bothered me the most, it just seemed to strip my skin and the smell was too much especially when using it around the nose and mouth area.

One thing I will say is I do really like the moisturiser and I have incorporated it into my custom skincare routine and it seems to be working out really well, but pared with the liquid soap and the toner any effect it had is gone when used with them.

Overall I was just truly let down buy these products, my skin would normally be pretty good, I very rarely get break outs and if I do its normally hormone related, my main problem would be dryness and these products did not help my skin at all, it just made my skin worse and to top it all off these product were not cheap. I probably wouldn’t mind as much if these were drugstore products but unfortunately the cost a pretty penny which was just the icing on the cake for me.
SHARE:

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad I read this review. I have been thinking of trying these out, but glad I didn't take the plunge x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a sample of the moisturizer and I'm not sure if it's just me but I find the smell to be quite weird (not in a good way).. I like my moisturizers to have a fresh light sent so I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size bottle! Still on the hunt thought for the perfect day time cream! Such a hard number to find!

    MD | http://byourbself.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried samples from this range before and it ruined my skin - making it really irritated and sore. So glad I didn't purchase the range!

    ReplyDelete

© Life with Lizzy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig