Since the summer has started I have gone on a bit of health
buzz. Since I have found it impossible to get a job here in Dublin, I’ve had
nothing but time on my hands so my morning consists of me grabbing a banana
before my morning bike ride to the Phoenix Park which usually takes me around
45/50 minutes, I’m trying to increase it each day. And once I’m home I begin to
prepare my smoothie. Now I have no way of doing this I literally just take any
fruit that’s in the fridge and the fruit bowl and put it in the blender with
ice and orange juice. It really is such a refreshing way to start the day, I usually
get two pint glasses out of all the fruit I use and I usually put the rest in
the fridge and I’ll have another glass in a while or sometimes if my mam likes
the fruit I’ve put in that morning she’ll take it. It can sometimes be hit and
miss if there is maybe a combination of fruit I’ve used that doesn’t go well
together or sometimes I find that the water melon can be gone off, but most of the time it works perfectly, and once I’ve had my smoothie I just hop in the shower and I’m ready for the day.
.jpg)
In my smoothie: 1 slice of water melon, a punnet of raspberries, a hand full of green grapes and another on red grapes, 2 large oranges, 1 grapefruit and about a quarter of a pint of orange juice and a handful of ice.
Smoothie tips:
1. It
is much better if the smoothie is cold that’s why I put ice in mine, but if you
didn’t want to do that you could just freeze our own fruit such as berries and
put them into the smoothie instead.
2. If
you prefer to have a smoothie without many bits, stay away from the likes of
grapes and berries as the skin of these can cause lots of bit for the smoothie.
3. If
you prefer to have a thick smoothie try putting frozen yoghurt into it, it
makes it lovey and thick and its makes for a perfect summer snack.
4. If
like me you leave some smoothie left over for later, I wouldn’t recommend
putting in a banana, as the enzymes in the banana can make the other fruit to
ripen faster and it won’t taste the same as when you first made it.
5. If
you find that fresh fruit can be expensive, try buying frozen berries, they are
cheaper and there is no need for ice, I find they sometimes make the best
smoothies.
.jpg)
I love love love smoothies but I never make them myself, I may have to try this one out. Check out my blog if you haven't already? http://beingchyna.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteI love them too, they're such a great way to start the day! Il definitely check out your blog are you on bloglovin ?
Delete