Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Autumn Winter Red Nail Varnishes



When it comes to this time of the year I tend to put away my bright coloured nail varnishes and I mostly stick to these red shades, and a few other colours but I’m mostly seen with a red nail! I just love to wear red nail varnish ;light or dark. There is just something so chic and clean about wearing red on the nails and the great thing is a red nail can go with almost any outfit. These are my top red nail varnishes for Autumn Winter, I know a few may look similar in colour but its the quality of the nail varnish and the drying speed thats differentiates them.

Starting from light to dark and left to right in the photo:
Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish in Double Decker Red
This is a very bright and true shade of red, I would chose this nail varnish if I was in a rush and watched a quick splash of red on my nails. Two coats would do the trick and sealed with a top coat it comes out very nice, however on me I would be lucky if it lasted a day on my hands without a chip! It gets the job done but just not for long. The huge plus for this nail varnish is it drys pretty quick as well.

Bourjois So Laque! in Rouge Casion
This is very similar in colour to the Rimmel one however the quality is a little better. It does say it “holds up for  7 days” which doesn’t technically mean its chip proof for 7 days but when I saw the bottle thats what I took from it. It lasts longer than the Rimmel one on the nails but not for 7 days, but I did get a good day or two out of it before the first chip. This does take a little longer to dry than the Rimmel one.

Topshop in Lacquered
This is a darker shade of red than the pervious two and is by far my favourite colour of the lighter coloured reds. I’m a big fan of Topshop nail varnishes, the colour selection is always amazing and the qualitly is always really good. It can last again up to two maybe three days (if you had a really good top coat!) without chipping and it doesn’t take long to dry at all!

Max Factor Gel Shine Lacquer in Radiant Ruby and Sparkling Berry *
I think this formula is by far the best, it takes a little longer to dry than the others but the staying quality on the nail varnish make those extra few minutes of not touching anything worth it. By day 4 the nails are still rocking the non chipped looked which is always great and these two colours are really nice. The Radiant Ruby is a deep red while the Sparkling Berry has a bit of a purple undertone to it.


Barry M in Raspberry
This is very similar in colour to Sparkling Berry from Max Factor and I would reach for this one if I didn’t have the time to wait for my nails to dry. I could get maybe two days without any chips from this nail varnish.

Max Factor Gel Shine Lacquer in Sheen*
I know that this is really similar in colour to the next two but what didn’t show up in the photo is that this colour actually has a bit of a shimmer to it and when the light catches it, it actually looks like a little bit of gold is in the nail varnish and it just comes out very pretty. And again the quality is amazing!

Revlon Nail Enamel
Unfortunately the front and back have been worn off and I want to say that the colour is called Eggplant I’m not sure why its just a feeling I have but I had a look on the boots website and the closest thing I could find was Vixen so it could be that colour. This was one of my first dark coloured nail varnishes I bought and I always loved the colour. The quality is pretty good but one of the reason why I’m not mad about it is because it has a really small brush so its takes awhile to paint a whole nail which can be annoying if you a in a hurry.

Essie in Shearling Darling
I got this last Christmas in one of the little sets that Essie do and it is really similar in colour to the Max Factor in Sheen but its less shimmery. I really love the Essie nail varnishes they are great quality and the dry pretty fast too which is always a plus!

Essie in Toggle to the Top

This was also part of the set I got last Christmas and this is by far my favourite colour out of all ten, this colour just screams Christmas to me its so festive! I really love glittery nail varnish and how they look on the nails right up until the moment you have to take it off and then it just becomes a huge pain, and sadly this is no different but its worth it as its just such a lovely colour to have on the nails!

What are your favourite Autumn Winter nail varnish colours?



SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shades!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous
    www.britishbirdd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie and Sally hansen have beautiful autumn shades in their collections

      Delete
    2. Thanks :) autumn shades are my fav, I don't have any Sally Hansen nail varnish that should change soon lol x

      Delete

© Life with Lizzy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig