Thursday, 11 September 2014

High Street Favourites | River Island

You know when you get to that age, in your early teenage years where you really begin to come into your own style and you no long just go shopping with your Mam, you also go with friends. For me I began to realise that there was other shops out there. And so my Obsession/Love with River Island began! I have clothes going back 3/4 years now if not longer that I bought in RI that I still love and wear to this day. I’ve always really loved RI and the sales are alway unreal! My sister and myself have been know to get up at 5 o’clock on St. Stevens Day and during the summer for a RI sale. However in the past few seasons I have really been unimpressed with there clothes, I feel like ever since the Rihanna collections it has become very tacky and I haven’t really been interested in going in. I got used to walking by and looking in and seeing nothing that I liked and I would just keep walking, but the other day while shopping with my sister we both looked in and loved what we saw. It was like they had gone back to their old style and everything was a lot less tacky. Straight away for me it was like love a first sight with their new stock. So I decided to put together three outfits that I would wear. I went for College Causal, something I can just throw on to wear to college. Dressy Causal, something that I could wear into town for drinks or something I could wear to a house party. And final Dressy, this is something I would wear into town for a night out.

College Causal 
I went for these black skinny Amelie jeans, (the Amelie jeans are my favourite from RI) with a simple cream strappy cami top and this gorgeous grey cardigan and I paired this outfit off with black snake print plimsolls and a dark brown mock croc watch. This is definitely something I would wear to college its really comfortable without being a tracksuit and really chic and easy for the effortless days.


Dressy Causal
There have been a lot of occasions lately where I have needed to be dressy but not too dressy and I just feel that this outfit would be prefect, I really love this dress and you can dress it up or down. Add tights for a more causal look or put on some heels to dress it up its really versatile! Can we just take a moment to appreciate how amazing these boots are, I sat in RI for a good 15 minutes with these boots on my feet debating whether or not to buy them, for €75 I found it hard to justify them to myself because I just bought new boots a few months ago, but looking at them now I think I’m going to have to go back in and buy them because I’m in love! I also just paired this outfit with a gold cross chain and this really cute snake ring.


Dressy 
There is nothing better than a little black dress, and although I do have a few black dresses I really love the lace sleeves on this dress, and similar to the pervious dress I really love this shape of dress, it really suits by body shape. I paired this black dress with these light blue peep toe platform sandals which I think are just fab! and sticking with the blue theme I went for this light blue clutch to match, paired with this statement gold ring I think this outfit is complete and perfect for a night out.



SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. Love that dressy look!


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

© Life with Lizzy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig