Monday, 1 September 2014

August Favourites



Topshop | Nail Polish, In With It.
I love my dark winter colours for nail varnish yet I haven’t worn black nail varnish on my nails since I was about 13 or so, I used to always wear it and then I just got bored of it and ever since then I never wore it again. But lately I’ve seen loads of fashion bloggers and friends wear black nail varnish at it looks really well on them so I said I’d give it another try, so I picked this nail varnish up in topshop along with a few others, but I’ve really been loving this colour, its more of a dark dark grey, but it still looks black no the nails. Topshop nail varnishes are some of my favourites, it think they are really good quality and the selection of colours is unreal!

Bioderma
So I bought this back in March and I used it a few times and I thought it was really good but I stopped using it because I knew I would fall in love with it, and its really hard to get a hold of in Ireland so I stopped myself from using it until this month. It was the perfect travel size to bring away with me to London and I knew I could stock up on it while I was over there. I was really amazed at how long that little bottle has lasted me, but I don’t really think I can say much more about it, I think everyone has probably heard about this product and how great it is.

The Naked Palette 
I brought this palette away with me in my travel makeup to London and although I have loved and used it before when it was the only thing I had away with me (besides a cheeky Mac quad which I didn’t end up using, yes I always over pack!) I realised how versatile and how amazing this palette really is. Since I’ve got this palette I straight away preferred it to the Naked 2, I much prefer the colours in it. But since I’ve gotten back from London I still tend to reach for it over all my other eye shadows.

The Body Shop | Vitamin E Cool BB Creme
I bought this back in July, I really wanted a BB creme, something that would be prefect for a summers day and I found everything I was looking for with this BB creme. Its really light on the skin and I feel like I am not even wearing makeup when I wear it, It has light coverage which is perfect for me, any additional coverage I need I can use a concealer, It makes my skin look really healthy and my skin feels fresh after I’ve worn it and not dried out.

Bumble & Bumble | Surf Spray 
I was really blown away by this salt spray, I’ve used a few different salt sprays before and they really didn't do anything for my hair, so I wasn’t really expecting much from this one. I bought it as part of a little travel set with a shampoo and conditioner, but this is my favourite thing from the set. I love everything about it and it adds a lot of texture to my hair, which is something no salt spray has really done for my hair before.

Frozen
Okay so I know I’m a little late to the party with this one, but just a few days  ago I watched Frozen for the first time and I fell in love. I’m sucker for a Disney movie and I don’t know why it took me so long to watch this movie but as soon as I did I feel in love, it was such a great movie and I was completely blown away by the plot twist (which I have argued about with Michelle, she doesn’t seem to think it was that big of a plot twist, I completely disagree!!), I won’t say much more incase there is more people like me out there who haven’t seen it! but since seeing it 5 days ago I’ve watched it 3 times, is that bad? I don’t think so anyway its a great movie!!
SHARE:

3 comments:

  1. I think when it comes to Frozen, you have to watch it loads!

    Such a good film!
    redhairedgirlincheltenham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Frozen yet! Think this post is a sign ;) Loved your picks… that Top Shop polish looks gorgeous, and I agree - The Body Shop BB Cream is great, particularly in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone always raves about Bumble and Bumble, I need to check it out x

    tmzn loves x

    ReplyDelete

© Life with Lizzy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig