Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Some of my Favourite Qoutes

I have been having a really tough time lately, my mam has just started her chemo so I have been reading some of my favourite quotes and it has really helped me and distracted me so I thought I would share my favourite ones with you. Also being the history nerd I am yesterday was pretty amazing in my eyes and for anyone who is Irish or British I hope you know what I’m talking about (President Higgins visit to the Windsor Castle) so because of that great event my first of many quotes has a history theme!

"We must bow to history, and not be bound by it"
Unknown

"People who have walked in darkness have seen great light"
Isaiah. 9.2

“No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”
Nelson Mandela

"Not all those who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkien

“The journey not the arrival matters”
T. S. Eliot

“The only man who never makes mistakes is the one who never does anything”
Theodore Roosevelt

“This is your world. Shape it or someone else will”
Gary Lew 

“Try not to become a man of success but a man of value”
Albert Einstein

“Happiness is when what you think, why you say and what you do are in harmony”
Gandhi

“Be yourself everyone else is taken”
Oscar wild

Some quotes my dad always says:

“Suicide is a long term solution for a short term problem”

“If it is meant for you it won't pass you by”





SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Life with Lizzy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig